We here at Windy City Smiles take your health seriously. While you are staying at home, please take a few minutes to look at the guidelines and information listed below
Hello Windy City Smiles patients and families,
We hope this email finds you and your family in good health. We have all been through a great crisis over the last few months, and we all look forward to getting back to our normal routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for Windy City Smiles and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You will see the following new protocols at your next appointment. These must be followed to help protect our patients and staff:
- Our office will call you a few days before your appointment to ask screening questions. These questions will be asked again when you are in the office. Your temperature will be taken. If your temperature is 100 or above your appointment will be rescheduled.
- On the day of your visit, we ask that you stay in your car and call us to see if we are ready for you. Only patients are allowed in our office, to allow for social distancing. If it is necessary for a patient to have a parent with them, then the parent will be subject to full check-in protocol including wearing a mask.
- Hand sanitizer is available in reception as well as treatment rooms and must be used before your treatment.
- We will no longer offer magazines, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- Everyone entering the office MUST wear a mask.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 773.588.SMILE(7645).
Thank you for being our patients. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. Cavero & Staff
Windy City Smiles
“Where Chicago Smiles”